The security of your account and personal information is very important to us.
Whistle has HTTPS enforced app-wide, encrypts data in transit using HTTPS, and encrypt their data at rest. To keep your data safe, Whistle employs extensive security measures to minimize access. Whistle restricts access to only select employees who have a business purpose to access this data.
Here is a list of steps you can take to help safeguards your account and information:
- Protect the access to your devices: Whistle is a platform where most information is accessed through your mobile device or computer. Ensure that you have a strong password to protect both your computer and/or mobile device.
- Activate all security options that are available on your device (e.g. Apple's "Find my iPhone"). Make sure to activate these safeguards on your devices and to immediately employ them when applicable.
- Secure your passwords. Make sure to keep all your information secure and to use different passwords for any services you use in order to minimize the risk of a security breach. If you feel that your account or password has been compromised, change it immediately or ask for our assistance. Do not share your password or any sensitive information with anyone.
- Make sure to use an email address that you have access to, in order to receive important notifications and other security notices.
- Do not install any applications or programs on your devices if you do not know or do not trust their sources. Otherwise, this could leave you vulnerable to malicious progres which are designed to steal your information.
- Do not leave your devices unlocked and accessible. Make sure to lock or log off of your devices when they are not in use.
- Make a backup of your information on other devices or external storage systems, and keep a copy of emails, receipts, and communications provided by Whistle.
Please note: This is not an exhaustive list of steps. There are many other ways to maximize the security of your account. Unfortunately, in today's world, the pace of innovation can also bring along new security risk. Always stay informed and take extra steps to secure your account and personal information.
If you have any additional privacy or security related questions please contact us.