When a customer buys something from your Whistle Upsell store, it appears as a new order in the Upsell > Orders page inside of Whistle.
When an order is placed...
- All Admin users receive a new order email notification
- The Upsell > Orders page shows a new order
- The customer receives an order receipt/confirmation email
- The customer receives an order confirmation SMS
- Order processing flow begins
Each order provides details and statuses to help you track the progress. You can also filter your orders by the bolded items listed below.
- Status: A new order starts as “Open”, you can Archive an order once it's been Fulfilled, Cancelled, or Refunded. If there's an issue and you need to cancel an order or refund an order then the order status is updated to Cancelled.
- Open - new / open order
- Archived - closed fulfilled order to indicate no further action is required
- Cancelled - cancelled / refunded order
- Date - when the order was placed
- Customer - who place the order
- Total - price
- Payment Type
- Room Charge
- Credit Card (Stripe)
- PMS Folio: This status is manually tracked with an exception of Cloudbeds PMS which integrates, allowing to post orders to a reservation folio.
- Not Posted - the order has not been posted to the PMS folio
- Posted - the order has been posted to the PMS Folio
- Voided - order where the payment hasn't yet been captured
- Unfulfilled - new / open order
- Fulfilled - complete / delivered order
- Order items
- Add Order to Reservation: Manually charge/post order to room into your PMS if your PMS is not integrated with Whistle Upsell or an integrated PMS (Cloudbeds/Clock) can open the order and click POST TO FOLIO
- Once posted the PMS Folio status will update
- Fulfill Order: Once you complete or delivered the order change the status to fulfilled to update order progress
- Archive Order: Archive order once fulfilled/complete to remove from open order list
Post to Folio (PMS INTEGRATION)
By default, an Order has a PMS Folio status (not posted, posted, voided). Typically, this is manually managed in Whistle to allow for tracking which orders your staff have posted to the PMS folio. If a 2-way integration is available with your PMS Whistle can post Upsell Orders to a Reservation Folio.
PMS Integrations available;
- Clock PMS
- Mews (coming soon)
- StayNTouch (coming soon)
- ThinkReservations (coming soon)
- WebRezPro (coming soon)
If a customer requests a cancellation, or an item was ordered and isn't available, then you might need to cancel or refund an order. When an order is canceled or refunded the following occurs:
- All Admin users receive a cancellation/refund order email notification
- The customer receives an order cancellation/refund email
Cancel vs Refund
Cancel or Refund options will be available for an order depending on the payment method for the Order.
- Room Charge orders do not have any payment captured, and are able to be cancelled.
- Credit Card orders already have payment captured, and must be refunded or partially refunded.
Cancel Order (Room Charge)
- Go to Upsell > Orders
- Click the Order you want to cancel
- In the top right corner three dot icon select Cancel
- A Cancel Order Window will appear
- Enter a reason for cancelling the order (Optional)
- Update PMS folio - this will set the folio status to voided (Optional)
- Click Confirm
Refund/Partial Refund (Credit Card)
When you refund an order, you send payment back to the customer. You can refund an entire order or only part of an order.
A refund takes up to 5-10 business days to be credited back to your customer
- Go to Upsell > Orders
- Click the Order you want to refund
- In the top right corner three dot icon select Refund
- A Refund Order Window will appear
- Set the Refund Amount
- Enter a reason for the refund (Optional)
- Update PMS folio - this will set the folio status to voided (if its a full refund) or remain as posted (if its a partial refund) (Optional)
- Click Confirm